Polyclutch has been providing reliable torque control solutions for over 50 years. Our clutches are found in mailing and packaging equipment, medical devices and photographic and imaging machinery.
We are a leading innovator and manufacturer within the power transmission industry known for high quality precision miniature clutches, brakes, motors and other motion control devices.
- Mechanical Slip Clutches are available in preset and adjustable torque options and can slip continuously or intermittently for 20 - 30 million cycles.
- Pneumatic Slip Clutches operate similar to mechanical slip clutches, with the only difference being that they are adjustable pneumatically, allowing for adjustment while in operation.
- One-Way Clutches offer the ability to have positive engagement in one direction while allowing slip in the other.
In addition to our standard product lines, we create custom clutches designed to work with your unique product application such as pulleys, sprockets, or other drive elements that require a precision fit.
Polyclutch products offer many design engineering options including:
- Tension Control
- Overload Protection
- Torque Control from one ounce-inch to seven hundred pound-inches
- Soft Starts and Cushioned Stops
- Position Retention Hinges
- Force Control
- Phase Adjustment
Polyclutch® Eliminates Stiction - static friction that is reduced during Polyclutch's unique manufacturing process. Reducing stiction below dynamic friction produces many manufacturing benefits including:
- No sudden shock on sensitive paper, film, wire, thread, etc.
- Repeatable cushioned torque for protection during overload
- Ideal for friction hinges when smooth movement of lids, doors, screens, and covers is required
- Smooth, accurate starting and stopping of conveyors, indexing mechanisms, linear actuator, and other motion systems
- Long extended life - over 30 million cycles
- Repeatable accurate torque for capping machines, automatic screw driving, valve control, and other circular pressure applications
Our proprietary burn-in process insures that all Polyclutch Slippers will perform consistently right out of the box, with no break-in period required.